Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 5 of Doug's effort to Lose Weight in Las Vegas

Today I had rough workout. My wife also does 20 second fitness because she is a busy las vegas wedding photographer and doesn't have a lot of time to workout. But she has to go workout once a week at the facility in Las Vegas. Today was the first time I went with her and it was pretty intense with the class. I learned I need to push myself harder at home so I can get better results. It is a lot different when the instructor can see you and calls you out on not going hard enough. I tried to keep my head down and just go hard but I still got called out.

I think I'll stick to working out at home but with more intensity.

At work I also did a few different sets with my 25 lbs dumbbell at.

Food:
I tried something different for breakfast. I had a small amount of grape nuts cereal and it kept me satisfied for a while.
I had my usual of motts apple sauce, an orange, one bag of carrots, fiber one granola bar, Tuna Salad Lunch to Go.

For dinner we went out to eat with my wife's family at ihop. On the back of the menu they have some *healthy options. I ate the spinach and mushroom omelet with a side of fruit. I resisted the urge to finish my wife's eggs and my daughters left over pancakes and eggs. Since I am changing my life I have to convince myself it is ok to waste food. Before when I would go out to eat with the family I would eat my food and then any and every leftover I could find so I didn't feel we were wasting food.

Drink: Danactive, V-8, Glass of Apple Juice

Now for another challenge, the weekend! To top it off we are going to a cabin at Mt. Charleston Saturday night to play in the snow. I am committed to making quality food choices and I will workout before I leave.

* I never knew it before but I'm pretty sure that the majority of restaurants will have a healthy option. I just have to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment