Monday, February 22, 2010

Goals to get back in shape in Las Vegas

Goals are something that I have thought long and hard about. Should I set a goal for my weight? Should I set specific dates to try to reach my goals? i.e. lose 10 pounds in 60 days... I'm not interested in setting those types of goals. What I want is to change my life.

I have to change my eating habits. Food is my biggest downfall and the main issue that I struggle with. When I go out to eat I want the biggest thing on the menu that is the cheapest. I love buffets and living in Las Vegas I am surrounded by them. Some men are tempted by the dirty billboards around town of women. Me I'm tempted by seeing billboards about the Excalibur and their $29 buffet. Or getting a coupon for CiCi's buffet & I'm itching to get my food fix just like an alcoholic would need a drink. I am a religious person and consider myself disciplined and a good person. But when it comes to food I am weak and this must change. Part of changing is admitting I have a problem so here it is I have an eating problem!

Since I have had the knee surgeries I hate exercising. I am afraid that if I exercise I will end up hurting my knee again and will have to have surgery again. I used to love to work out back before it hurt. Now I am so out of shape that walking up the stairs in my house make me feel like I am going to have a heart attack.


Here are my beginning goals and they will change as I progress.

GOALS:
Write on this blog every day.
Track what food I eat / change my eating habits.
Track my workout.
Work out six days a week.
Become healthy for myself and my family.

Thanks, Doug

20 Second Fitness

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! I know it will be a long process but I'll make it!

    ReplyDelete